Using a stencil brush
In this tutorial we are going to be covering the basics of stencilling using a stencil brush. Brushes are great for smaller stencils and stencil projects. With a brush you also have more hands on control of the paint and can achieve effects such as shading and blending. In this tutorial we are going to be painting our XS flamingo stencil using block colour and the stippling technique.
Okay so what tools do we need for a basic stencilling project?
- Stencil (from ideal stencils)
- Stencilling brush
- Paint (acrylic, emulsion, NOT cheap and watery poster paints)
- A polystyrene or similar plate to put the paint on
- Something to adhere the stencil to the surface – repositionable spray mount/low tack tape
- Kitchen roll to off load your stencil brush
- OPTIONAL – Pencil, spirit level, fine line touch up brush